Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lady Vengence


I have had some time to think about this film and its depiction of revenge, and sometimes I wonder if I could do the things that the parents of the children that were brutally murdered did. Would I have the strength to let justice be served or would I want to avenge my child’s death by killing the murderer myself? Many people would say they would take matters into their own hands if the murderer was placed before them, but would they be able to brutally murder another human being? I think some would, I don’t know if I could. At least not slowly the way that the parents and family members did in this film, I might be able to if it could be done in a more humane way, even though the murderer did deserve to feel everything that those children had to go through, I am not god, and I can not pass that kind of judgment. I have never been put into a circumstance such as that, and I pray I never am, because maybe I would be like one of those parents riddled with grief, and want so badly for that person to be brought to some kind of justice. Though my loved one could never be brought back to me.
As you can see I obviously have a lot of mixed feeling about this, because I truly do not know how I would react. As I said it is easy to say I would enact vengeance on someone who did such a cruel deed, but it’s even easier to say that I don’t know what I would do. I think most people fail to realize how soul-destroying murdering someone is even if the person you are murdering is a murderer himself. You would have to live with the fact you killed someone. Soldiers in any war that has been fought in history have struggled with what they did in the line of duty, they struggle with humanity afterward, and they struggle with day-to-day life because they are not the same people they were before they killed someone.
My favorite super hero is Batman, I love him because he is a broody and vengeful character, but even though Batman has these characteristics he refuses to sink to the level of the man who killed his own family because he knows it is something as he says, “is to easy to do.” He does not kill because he believes that once you kill someone and justify why you did it, it becomes easier each and every time you do it. You become animalistic, and the thing that you hate. He is vengeful in the way he hates crime and killers and fights them, but he always allows the law to do its job and punish criminals for their actions and treat them for any insanity that they experience. Though batman has found himself close to killing several of his villains like the joker he always pulls himself back from the darkness and allows justice to be served.
This is an image of batman beating the joker to death. He stops himself and pulls himself back.

No comments:

Post a Comment