Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fight Club

I liked Fight Club, but as I watched it I figured out the plot really quickly. The first conversation the narrator had with Tyler I got a hunch right then that he had to be talking to himself. The film was well put together, they really never gave you solid evidence that Tyler and the narrator were one in the same person until the end, they just simply left little subtle hints, even at the beginning while he is walking through the airport and you see glimpses of Tyler almost like smudges on or flashes of light you kind of see Tyler Durban being born. You see him slowly becoming more and more real. Something that was very hard to completely understand is how Tyler/ The Narrator were able to be in so many fights (at least once or twice a week) and they took a beating almost every fight.
This picture is the one of me directly after the fight I was in.
I got into a fight almost two weeks ago and honestly I haven't been able to do a lot of thing because of the injuries. I know I personally could not fight like they do every weekend, which really raises the question about how real the idea of fight club actually is. I really thought that while I was watching the film it was plausible that they could really fight every weekend. After my fight several things were wrong with me for a couple of days and even now. I found myself unusually aggressive, I had some hindering injuries: my ankle is still pretty sore, I have bruising on my ear, and on my face, the inside of my upper lip got 9 canker sores from the cuts that were there from the fight and my nose was pretty sore. These injuries really effected my day to day life. It made it difficult to work, I was on crutches, and I could be as fast and mobile as I usually am. I had a lot of trouble sleeping because my ear was bruised I couldn't sleep on that side of my head, I also had some head aches. I couldn't sleep on my stomach because of my lip and nose, it was agonizingly painful to put any pressure at all on them. My ankle also played havoc on my sleep because if I moved it was really sore and it hurt to touch it or lift it. I couldn't eat certain thing because it was very painful to have food touch the sores that had developed on my lip. I also was very tired for a couple days after the fight, I was physically worn down from exerting myself in a way that I am not used to. I know I spent a lot of time talking about the injuries I had, but this is only because I felt I needed to make my point that when you fight you get hurt, and when you get hurt it becomes difficult to do day to day activities. I know that the people fighting at fight club couldn't have done this every week. I could see potentially every month because of recovery time.Even Professional fighters aren't allowed to fight like that weekly, they have to have a period of time where they do not fight at all. As I said at the beginning, I enjoyed fight club, but the idea they present of fighting like they depicted in this film is very unrealistic and i feel is misleading to the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment